Monday 16 March 2015

Retail Experiences - Marks and Spencer, Trafford Centre

The first thing I spotted when walking towards Marks and Spencer were the window displays that were based on Mother's Day. There was a large image of roses, window stickers saying 'Because she's your MUM' and an electronic screen advertising Mother's Day gifts at M&S. I also noticed that it had a bright and wide entrance making it easy to see the products at the front of the store, both upstairs and downstairs. 


Figures 1&2. M&S Entrance. Own Images

The first thing I saw when walking into the store, was more Mother's Day related products stacked on shelves. Gifts like alcohol, flowers, photo frames and cushions. I didn't get chance to go downstairs to the ground floor however on the first floor, there was the womenswear range. 


Figures 3&4. M&S. Own Images

I liked how they organised the clothes in different colours. The pink section, green and blue section and an aqua coloured section as seen in the images below.



Figures 5-7. M&S. Own Images

On the second floor, there was women's underwear and nightwear as well as a small cafe in the corner. The majority of this floor had different types of underwear spread out and there was a slightly smaller section of nightwear in the corner.




Figures 8-11. M&S underwear and nightwear. Own Images

Once again I saw another Mother's Day display on the top floor next to the nightwear. It was nicely set out with some pyjamas, bath products and other little gifts, perfect for Mother's Day. This shows that Marks and Spencer are constantly reminding customers.

Figure 12. M&S Mother's Day gifts. Own Image

When looking around Marks and Spencer, I saw that most of the customers were older people, both men and women which matches M&S's current target market. I don't think I saw anybody around my age in the store. I liked the layout of the store and how spread out everything was rather than products being squeezed together in a small amount of space. Everything was easy to find and employees were scattered around so there is most likely going to be someone there to assist you if needs be.















No comments:

Post a Comment